The Discovery Science Center is a nonprofit organization dedicated to educating young minds, assisting teachers, and increasing public understanding of science, math, and technology through interactive exhibits and programs. Located in Santa Ana, CA, this learning center has a special presentation opening today, and it’s unabashadly tied to Hollywood cinema.
According to their website:
Indiana Jones™ and the Adventure of Archaeology, presented by the National Geographic Society, immerses you in the science and history of field archaeology. Walk in the footsteps of beloved film hero Indiana Jones as you embark on this interactive museum adventure. The exhibit runs from October 12th, 2012 – April 21. 2013.
- A vast and exclusive collection of Indiana Jones™ film props, models, concept art, and set designs from the Lucasfilm backlot
- An interactive tour of legendary sites that sheds light on historical myths such as the Ark of the Covenant and the Holy Grail
- A chance to see some of the world’s most impressive material remains and real-world artifacts from ancient societies from the collections of the world-renowned Penn Museum and the National Geographic Society archives
- A hand-held multimedia guide lets you personalize your exhibit experience
- An interactive quest game that lets children of all ages test their skills and explore the exhibit content in a fun, innovative way
Tickets are available on the Discovery Science Center website:
This is a Hollywood-themed archeological treasure, fully wrapped in a visually family-friendly experience. I suggest you visit this one-of-a-kind spectacle while visiting Southern California!
© 2012 Lucasfilm LTD. & TM. All Rights Reserved
Until next time> “never forget”