Manny P. here…
Several more Independent book stores have decided to stock Forgotten Hollywood Forgotten History as the Holidays approach. A couple of other shops will also carry my book (on demand) for you to order as that special gift. These stores are in a variety of California locations. Depending on where you live, I urge you to check them out…
* VILLAGE BOOKS – This neighborhood store is at 1049 Swathmore Ave. in Pacific Palisades. According to their website:
On July 4th, 1997, amidst fireworks and parades, Katie O’Laughlin opened the doors of Village Books to Pacific Palisades. Located at the end of a shop-lined street in the heart of town, Village Books is a small store that offers a wide selection of books, weekly events with authors, and an inviting refuge for readers.
The concrete floor of the store is peppered with quotes from enduring heavyweights like Einstein and Thoreau, to quips by Mae West and James Thurber. A trompe l’oeil mural on the floor remembers Irish writers, including James Joyce and Samuel Beckett, who are painted in deep discussion around a table with Maya Angelou and Katie’s late father.
~ ~ ~
* FLINTRIDGE BOOK STORE & COFFEEHOUSE – This is a full-service independent book store in La Canada. They are located at 1010 Foothill Blvd. On their Facebook page:
~ ~ ~
* RUSSO’S MARKETPLACE BOOKS – I’m particularly happy to find this gem in Central California. Their address is 900 Ming Ave., #1-4 in Bakersfield. Recently, they have organized prestigious booksignings with former Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee, and Olympic medalist Apolo Ohno. According to their website:
The Russo Family (Kathleen & Tony, and their children, Michael, Anna-Marie, Patricia, and John) has owned and operated Russo’s Books since 1989. The company has grown and flourished to become Bakersfield’s premier Independent bookstore.
~ ~ ~
In addition to these new locations, two other book shops can order my book from their warehouse (upon demand)…
* THE BOOK WORKS – Located in Del Mar (San Diego), The Book Works is located east of the I-5 at the Via De La Valle exit. They are in the Flower Hill Promenade on the second level.
* METROPOLIS BOOKS – This Independent book store is in the heart of Downtown Los Angeles at 440 South Main Street. Edwards Air Force Base, radio station KCRW, and SCIBA are top organizations supporting this fine venue.
~ ~ ~
This brings the number of stores carrying Forgotten Hollywood Forgotten History to 91 (in addition to 6 confirmed mom-and-pop locales with my work available on demand). Click Book Purchase section of the Navigation Bar, you’ll see I have realigned all of the Independent shops. They are now the 3rd largest category of locations (behind Barnes & Noble and Borders).
Until next time> “never forget”